You Can Think Differently is practical, exercise-based guide to changing the nature of your thinking. Starting with the principle that thinking reflects the quality of your life, Caterina Rando offers up straightfoward ways to improve your thinking and get more out of life.
You Can Think Differently by Caterina Rando
You Can Think Differently offers straightforward advice for fresh thinking.
Easy to read cover to cover, even better when applied in practice, this is the type of book that gets you thinking about your thinking.
Short on narrative, but well reasoned throughout. This type of book is sure to appeal to rational thinkers seeking practical wisdom from self help.
Below are some of the key insights I took from this book:
- The quality of your thinking mirrors the quality of your life.
- Write things down to expand your self perception.
- It’s important to look back to identify your psychological imprinting.
- There is no change without decision.
- You can think of your life as centres of power (health, career, relationships etc)
- Set aside a space as your own personal think tank.
- Transform thought into action by (a) non judgement (b) releasing thoughts that don’t serve you.
- To initiate change. Set and ritualise your intention.
- Power thinking invovles (a) self-coaching (b) self-awareness (c) intuition (d) self love (e) objective removal of barriers (f) visualisation. Think of this as a ‘mental workout’
- Translate power thinking into power with (a) power statements (b) timeboxing (c) sensory overload (d) gratitude (e) stacked habits (f) positive relationships.
- Resilence and emotional mastery are objectives without an end. Keep working on them consistantly.
- When you put it all together, your life starts to take shape in a powerful way. Follow the open road and simply reapply all the lessons step by step.
- Celebrate and cherish your new life.