You Are A Badass is an entertaining, no bullshit guide to making the most of your life based on author Jen Sincero’s unique perspective and character. Tieing together advice on motivation, mindset, resilience, spirituality and creativity, it’s the self help guide for people who don’t like self help guides.
You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero
You Are A Badass is a no holds barred action statement.
Jen Sincero is a funny woman. From start to finish you can hear her voice and character throughout in a range of self deprecating anecdotes and narratives.
Definitely a book to recommend for those with a sense of humour.
Below are some of the key insights I took from this book:
- Most people are living an illusion based on someone else’s beliefs
- Our conscious mind (thoughts) are actually governed by our subsonscious (beliefs).
- We are all connected to a limitless source of abundance (Abundance)
- Living in your ego is like hitting the Big Snooze (Ego)
- Self perception is a mess. It’s like living in a Zoo.
- Loving yourself is the most important step to breaking free in consciousness.
- Taking ownership of your circumstances and identity is paramount. (Know Yourself)
- To start living better, just take the right steps (Action)
- Meditation is 98% rubbish, 2% life changing.
- It’s important to train your thoughts to lift you up over time.
- “Gratitude is a gateway drug to awesomeness.”
- Forgiveness clears the slate for a better day to dawn.
- Never take yourself too seriously in life.
- Become aware of your BS and clear it methodically from your life.
- Overcome procrastination with action and gameplay.
- There is always too much to do.
- Find ways to methodically reduce fear.
- You life is a mirror of your thoughts over time.
- Take a decision to become a Badass, with no compromise or escape.
- Develop wealth consciousness by changing your attitude to money.
- Surrender it all up to the universe.
- Always start doing it, not talking about it.