The Big Leap examines the Upper Limit Problem where successful people self-sabotage their achievements upon reaching their highest goals exploring how to transcend the issue and move into a Zone of Genius.
The Big Leap Summary
The Big Leap is a follow up from Gay Hendricks, author of the best selling Five Wishes.
Speaking from his experience as a professional coach, counsellor and speaker, Gay invites us to examine the subsconscious beliefs that our holding us back from reaching our highest success and provides a roadmap for how to move beyond that which holds us back in mind, body and spirit.
Below are some of the key insights from the book.
- Never seperate your spirituality and your material success, as they are one and the same thing.
- In order to move from the Zone of Excellence to the Zone of Genius, we have to continuously invite love and abundance into our lives.
- Many high profile people self-sabotage at the moment of their greatest success (e.g. Bill Clinton impeachment)
- Spotting the URP involves observing your fundamental beliefs, questioning subconscious values and transcending negative emotions including blame, worry, guilt, regret and self-criticism.
- When you visualise all relationships as flows of energy you can more accurately observe the areas for improvement on both sides.
- All of us are connected to the whole rather than individuals and a little self enquiry through science, religion or philosophy can establish this.
- Our fundamental beliefs about time are based on Newtonian scarcity principles rather than Einstein’s relativity, which makes us governed by time rather than realising that time is entirely within our control.
- Adopting an Ultimate Success Mantra is a practical tool to help invite positive energy into your life and reshape your beliefs about material success.
- Integrity is a highly important value to strive for and we should see it in absolute physical terms as coherence of actions and values rather than subjective moral/ethical terms.