Start Now Get Perfect Later is a wake-up call to take action for all those who dream of achieving something meaningful in life, whether that is a business idea, a creative passion or a personal ambition that you have always strove for.
Start Now Get Perfect Later by Rob Moore
Start Now Get Perfect Later is a book about acting on your ambitions.
Using insights from his own experience, author and entrepreneur Rob Moore explains how our ideas of perfection can get in the way of good and advises us to step forward and start acting upon our ambitions at the earliest possible moment.
Written as a straight talking book full of energy and enthusiasm, the author captures the essence of the entrepreneurial instinct to act first and iron out the details later rather than procrastinating and waiting until the perfect moment arrives.
Below are some of the key insights I took from this book:
- Decisiveness is a key character trait common to all successful people.
- However, to be decisive we need to overcome the natural urge to procrastinate.
- The urge to procrastinate is based on fear of failure.
- To overcome this, you need to recognise that your work is not your worth.
- It also helps to reach out to others for assistance.
- Choose excellence over perfection. Perfection doesn’t exist.
- Do. Not. Delay.
- Recognised and avoid active procrastination and task jumping.
- Break big decisions into small active steps.
- Ignore society, ignore the past.
- Ignore not deciding
- Ignore what other people think of you.
- There are no bad decisions because you always learn when you act
- Dodge the paradox of choice, adopt a growth mindset / remove permanence.
- Remove all the things you don’t need in life.
- Clearly visualise your life and step towards that goal.
- Exercise your decision making muscle on the most important tasks.
- Adopt a technique to get things done that works for you.
- Commit yourself to your goals with mental tricks, hacks and accountability games to ensure you always reach your goals.
- When launching a project seek a mix of intuition / information to make key decisions.
- Use a simple cost/benefit analysis to understand your choices
- Keep opportunity costs in mind at all times.
- Keep testing and reviewing your decisions so that you can work on your project with fresh information and purpose.
- Stay in a state of flow and ensure that your decisions are lining up with your core values and visions in life.
- Keep your mortality in mind and focus on the most important things to achieve in life as most people regret the things they don’t do.