Soul Coaching is a book that will revitalise your spirit. Themed around the elements of Air, Water, Fire and Earth, Denise Linn sets out a 28 day programme that anyone can follow to declutter their lives, reconnect with spirit and step forward with confidence for the future.
Soul Coaching by Denise Linn
Soul Coaching is firmly within the new-age spiritual tradition of self help books.
That said, the book itself is simple. Denise lays out a 28-day programme for change with daily exercises grouped into four themed weeks, and you don’t have to be spiritual to benefit from the advice that Denise offers.
I’d recommend this book to anyone looking to lead a happier, more productive life. Of course, if the spirituality does appeal then you’ll get much more out of the programme itself and i’d recommend reading up on the Law of Attraction more generally.
Below are some of the key insights I took from this book:
- Soul Coaching is life coaching focused around aligning yourself with your soul.
- Where intention goes, energy flows.
- Use daily affirmations, make a contract and keep an altar in your home.
- The Soul is composed of the mental (Air), emotional (Water), physical (Fire) and spirtual (Earth), like rooms in a house that combine to create a home.
- Air Week: Examine your life objectively, declutter your mind, make commitments to yourself, use empowering language, let go of doubt and state your soul mission.
- Water Week: Explore your emotions, practice gratitude, embrace fear, visualise negativity being cleansed, reset relationships with people and energy vampires and release yourself from victim mentality.
- Fire Week: Have faith, enjoy life, embrace creativity, take risks, be present in the now. Dance. Run. Walk. Exercise. Move!
- Earth Week: Stand up for health, detoxify your body, reconnect with nature, practice positive physiology and embrace yourself as a being of love and light.
- Every experience, good and bad, is part of your path in life.
- ‘Fall down seven, get up eight’ – Japanese proverb.
- The image of the mind is that of tea being poured to overflow a cup.
- Take control of your perception of events, allow your mind to see the good in others and accept that which we cannot change.
- Imagine your body parts as different personalities and ask them questions to receive wisdom via your intuition.
- Visualise negativity slipping down the drain in the shower.
- Stand infront of the mirror and give yourself self-love.