Launch is a practical guide for creating and promoting an internet business written by Jeff Walker, one of the iconic early internet millionaires, whose launch formula has inspired the successful promotion of many products and services delivered online.
Launch is considered a classic text in the internet marketing community.
Focussing on list building, affiliate marketing psychology and active promotion using the sideways sales letter, Jeff Walker explains how a little oversight and consideration can be used to generate early hype for your product or service.
Below are some of the key insights from the book.
- A successful product launch is the ideal way to create an internet marketing business in any vertical
- Building your opt-in email list isn’t a strategy, it is the strategy for a successful product launch.
- Using techniques developed for direct mail, a sideways sales letter can be used to generate interest in an upcoming launch.
- The most important triggers to focus on when selling are (a) authority (b) trust (c) likeability (d) social proof (e) scarcity (f) events (g) ritual
- A successful launch sequence will build anticipation without directly selling and can take typically either 7 days or 10 days with 2-3 pre-launch messages.
- Your pre-launch material can be templated and should always look to answer questions and objection handle frequently asked questions.
- The ideal launch will use your own mailing list and product designed specifically for them but JV launches can also prove successful if you adapt your strategy specifically to the new mailing list.