Fuck It Do What You Love is a straight shooting stream of consciousness guide to finding and following your passion in life. Written by personal coach, John C Parkin, the book presents itself as a call to action for those considering their options in life.
Fuck It Do What You Love Summary
Fuck It Do What You Love is a colourful guide for self improvement.
Written in the irreverent tone of the author, the book shines with quirky, creative and unusual advice for those looking for and attempting to follow their highest goals and true calling in life.
Below are some of the key insights from the book.
- Most people live lives of quiet desperation.
- It’s important to be honest and objective about the question ‘Are you doing what you love in life?’
- Successful people of all descriptions tend to love what they do.
- Doing what you love makes you happier, healthier, more successful and wealthier.
- Finding what you love takes time, but doing some simple thought experiment exercises can help you get the clarity you are looking for.
- Making money from doing what you love can start as a side hustle but will quickly become profitable if you are truly passionate about what you do.
- Creating a ‘What I Love’ journal can be a simple way to focus your mind on the most important things in life and how you want to live.
- Use muscle testing to determine the validity of statements in accordance with you gut.
- When listing things you love to do, take time to as the ‘yes, but’ questions in order to work out what the most workable goals are in your life.
- Many people have found that using their gut instinct helps to clarify life and solve tough decisions.